Affordable Rental Housing Complexes for Migrant Worker/Urban Poor
Written by Radhika and Shubham Verma Dt. May 24th, 2020
In a bid to provide ease of living at affordable rent in urban areas, the Central govt. will launch a scheme of building affordable rental housing complexes in cities for migrant workers and urban poor.
As on 14.5.2020, central govt. announces a relief for migrant worker/urban poor.
- The central govt. will soon provide affordable rental houses to migrant workers and urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme.
- Affordable rental housing complexes will provide social security and quality life to migrant labour, urban poor, students and others.
- Nirmala Sitharaman also rolled out a 70,000 crore boost to the housing sector through one year extension of subsidized loan for affordable houses for the middle income group with an annual income of Rs.6 lakh to Rs.18 lakh.
- This will be done by converting govt.-funded houses in the cities into Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) under PPP (public-private partnership) mode through the concessionaire.
- Incentives to manufacturing units, industries, institution, associations to develop Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) on their private land and operate.
- Incentivizing state govt. agencies/central govt. organization on similar lines to develop Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) and operate.
The details of the scheme will be released soon.
Radhika and Shubham Verma