Chartered Accountant in India
Written by Ashma Malhotra Dt. July 23rd, 2021
It is not hard to find a Chartered Accountant in India ready to take your project. But you can’t hire just anybody. You will want to make sure your finances are in good hands. Unless you are looking for an auditor for your business, you will need a personal Chartered Accountant. Here are the qualities your chartered accountant must have.
Top 7 Qualities to Look for in a Chartered Accountant in India
- Confidentiality – If a chartered accountant you are interviewing happens to talk in detail about another client he or she names, you can’t trust the candidate. The first thing you will imagine is them talking about your finances, taking your name to some other random person they are trying to impress. We all need to make sure that a chartered accountant has good experience at their job. But if the candidate ends up breaching privacy in an attempt to brag about their achievements, they’re not fit for the job.
- Communication – Your CA will not only be communicating with you but also with the companies that you need to look good to in order to garner maximum financial benefits. Communication and diplomacy are crucial because people are more helpful towards those who come of pleasant and approachable. Of course, you have the right to your money. But when you want to secure a loan or fix a deal, you need to be liked. As your representative, it is the job of your chartered accountant.
- Networking – Networking and communication go hand-in-hand but they are not quite the same skills. Your CA might be good at communication but they might just be starting out. A useful Chartered Accountant in India can make sure you get the best deals and schemes in the country. You need someone who knows how to play the field and introduce you to the right person at the right time.
- Analytical Skills – You do need a candidate who appears smart and approachable. What you need even more is for them to be knowledgeable and skilled. They need to know the nuances of taxes and finances so that they can bring you the best deals. When you hire someone to offer financial advice, the advice has to be good. So look for someone who has robust analytical skills.
- Technical skills – Technical skills matter so that your CA knows their way around the systems. You can’t wait for someone to help you and your CA out with the procedure. You don’t want to involve a third person just because your trusted CA is not tech-savvy. When your CA has the required technical skills you won’t have to wait in queue filing your taxes. You won’t end up making a mistake on the software.
- Flexibility – Chartered accountants with immense analytical skills and technical skills can lose credibility if they do not stay flexible enough to update their knowledge and skillset. The world of Finance is always shifting. Thoroughly knowing obsolete policies is no good to anyone. You need to hire a CA who takes the initiative to keep themselves informed about every little change in every policy. Your CA needs to be aware of the best apps and software for all kinds of financial transactions. They can’t hit a snag at every update or little change the app makes. Flexibility is key.
- Integrity – This is saved for the last because this is the most important quality in anybody, especially someone who has a lot of power over your finances. You deserve to be able to go to sleep without stress. And they need to be able to feel that they deserve the trust. The only way you can hire a very reliable CA with solid integrity is if you seek in the right places.
You don’t need to look for the Best Chartered Accountant in India. If you search that way you will only find the most popular or most successful one. You need to look for one whom people you know have been relying on for years. Individual testimonies from your well-wishers who have been working with a CA for a while is what you need to follow.